The newest addition to Royal Caribbean International’s Oasis class of ships - Symphony of the Seas - will become the largest cruise ship in the world when it is delivered in April 2018.
Weighing 230,000 Gross Tonnage(GT) at 1,188 feet long and 215 feet wide, the 16-deck ship will replace the current record holder - Royal Caribbean's "Harmony of the Seas" as world's largest cruise ship.
Some features of the Largest cruise ship in the world - Symphony of the Seas - are:
- Seven-neighborhood concept
- Ultimate Family Suite - accommodating up to eight people in two bedrooms
- New mobile app for onboard accoount registration with “security selfie”.
- 10-storey Ultimate Abyss waterslide – the tallest slide at sea
- Sophisticated Dining
- Bionic Bar robot bartenders powered by Makr Shakr
- Broadway-caliber entertainment
- The Boardwalk
- 5,500 passengers capacity
- 2,774 cabins
- Length of 1,188 feet
- Width of 215 feet
- 230,000 GT (gross tonnage)
Symphony of the Seas will debut in April 2018 with maiden voyage calling on ports in Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Provence, France; Florence/Pisa, Rome and Naples, Italy.
In early November, She is expected to arrive at Miami to begin 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries.
MS Symphony of the Seas cruise ship is currently under-construction with exterior part completed and work ongoing on the interior. She will become the largest passenger ship ever when launched.